STATUES - HITHER & THITHER
New Zealand
Titirangi
(Waitakere City)
Auckland

Titirangi Road / South Titirangi Road

Henry Atkinson

Windermere, England 1838 - 1921
chief engineer for the Auckland gas board and who donated a large amount of the land that Titirangi resides on; Pioneer in preservation of environment
(artist?)
1914

Titirangi /  Henry Atkinson   Titirangi /  Henry Atkinson

Description

Granite statue.

Inscription(s)

HENRY ATKINSON

HENRY ATKINSON
1838-1921
a pioneer in
the preservation of
the environment

donor
native bush parklands
titirangi beach
and water catchment areas
in the waitakeres

Annotation

The statue originally stood on Mount Atkinson. It was replaced outside Lopdell House in Titirangi village due to repeat thefts of his nose.

Titirangi - Henry Atkinson

Sculptor

Information

Clickable keywords:

Location S 36°56'17" E 174°39'20"

eXTReMe Tracker
Item Code: nz018; Photograph: 3 February 2008
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt