Statues - Hither & Thither

Germany
Prüm
Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm

Rheinland-Pfalz

Hahnplatz

Fassadenstatuen an der Basilika Sankt Salvator

Façade statues on the Saint Salvator Basilica


19th century

Prüm /  Fassadenstatuen an der Basilika Sankt Salvator   Prüm /  Fassadenstatuen an der Basilika Sankt Salvator

Description

Baroque façade of the church with six statues:
Prüm - Fassadenstatuen an der Basilika St. Salvator
St. Benedikt / St. Benedict
Prüm - Fassadenstatuen an der Basilika St. Salvator
Christ
Prüm - Fassadenstatuen an der Basilika St. Salvator
St. Scholastika / St. Scholastica
Prüm - Fassadenstatuen an der Basilika St. Salvator
King Pippin / Pippin der Jüngere
Prüm - Fassadenstatuen an der Basilika St. Salvator
St. Mary
Prüm - Fassadenstatuen an der Basilika St. Salvator
Charlemagne / Karl der Grosse

Annotation

The statues of Pippin and Charlemage date from the 19th century. From ca. 1960 to 1997 they were replaced by modern statues of the late 1957 and 1959 repectively. In 1997 the restored, original 19th century statues returned, and the new statues were placed behind the convent on the Gerberweg (Pippin and Charlemagne).

Sources & Information

Tags

  • Country: Germany
  • Benedict of Nursia, St.
  • Charlemagne
  • Christ
  • Emperor
  • Façade with statues (church)
  • Mary, St.
  • Pippin the Short
  • Scholastica, St.
  • Location N 50°12'23" E 6°25'30"

    eXTReMe Tracker
    Item Code: derp149; Photograph: 21 April 2012
    Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
    If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
    © Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt