Bronze statue of Luther with the bible in his hands.
Inaugurated 21 June 1904 as the first Luther monument in Silesia. It is a recast of the statue in Worms. The statue was molten for army purposes in 1942. The present statue is a recast from the original mold and was unveiled 30 October 1983.
Ernst Rietschel (Pulsnitz 1804 - Dresden 1861),
German sculptor - see also his memorial in Dresden