Marble statue of Columbus with a sword held in his left hand and a manuscript scrolled in his right hand. The sculpture is installed at the top of a tall granite shaft adorned near the base with a relief carving of a three-masted ship.
in memory of
On sides: names of monument sponsors.
discoverer of america
dedicated october 12, 1938
Sources & Information
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, SIRIS (Smithsonian Institution Research Information system).
Location (N 42°23'23" - W 71°2'20")
Item Code: usma16;
Added: 21 November 2010
© Website: René & Peter van der Krogt