Reddish-brown bust of Christopher Columbus, dressed in 15th century garb and a three-peaked cap. Shaft like pedestal is carved with a relief of a ship and the words: Columbus, 1492.
OF THE GREATEST ITALIAN NAVIGATOR
WAS DONATED TO THE CITY OF AKRON
BY IS ITALIAN RESIDENTS
SPONSORED BY THE SICILIAN SOCIETY
OCTOBER 12, A.D. MCMXXXVIII
Signed: BIAGIO IULIANO (or JULIANO) SCULPTURE
Sources & Information
Location N 41°2'33" W 81°27'46"
Item Code: usoh03;
Added: 1 January 2000
/ Updated: 21 November 2010
© Website: René & Peter van der Krogt