Statues - Hither & Thither

Austria
Wien
Wien (Land)

Resselpark (4.)
(Wien Museum)

Allegorische Brunnenskulpturen vom Platz Am Hof

Allegorical Fountain Sculptures from Am Hof Square

Johann Martin Fischer
1812

Wien /  Allegorische Brunnenskulpturen vom Platz Am Hof

Description

Two sculptures groups:

Wien - Allegorische Brunnenskulpturen vom Platz Am Hof
1
Wien - Allegorische Brunnenskulpturen vom Platz Am Hof
2
  1. johann martin fischer / der ackerbau
    Der Ackerbau - agriculture.
    A farmer (with a 'baranica', the winter fur hat of Slovakian farmers on his head) with plough and in his left hand an olive branch as peace symbol and a cornucopia with corn, grapes and coins; with next to him the Guardian Angel of Austria, with the ducal crown at her feet.
  2. johann martin fischer / die treue der österreichische nation
    Die Treue der österreichische Nation gegen Kaiser und Vaterland - The Loyalty of the Austrian Nation towards Emperor and Fatherland.
    Man and woman with scroll. Austria is represented by a majestic woman with a shield with the Austrian imperial arms and the imperial crown, in her right hand a sceptre and in her left a scroll with the name franciscus primus. She receives arm in arm a citizen dressed in a toga who makes the oath with tree fingers of his right hand on the role and with the left on his heart expressing loyalty and truth.

Signature

(both) i.m. fischer

Information Sign

Johann Martin Fischer
"der ackerbau"
allegorische brunnenskulpturen vom platz "am hof", 1812

Blei
Wien Museum

Johann Martin Fischer
"agriculture"
allegorical fountain sculptures from the "am hof" city square, 1812

Lead
Wien Museum

Johann Martin Fischer
"die treue der österreichische nation gegen kaiser und vaterland"
allegorische brunnenskulpturen vom platz "am hof", 1812

Blei
Wien Museum

Johann Martin Fischer
"the loyalty of the austrian nation towards emperor and fatherland"
allegorical fountain sculptures from the "am hof" city square, 1812

Lead
Wien Museum

Annotation

Both sculpture groups belonged to the fountain erected on the Am Hof square in 1812. They were removed in 1875.

Sculptor

Sources & Information

Tags

Location (N 48°11'56" - E 16°22'20")

eXTReMe Tracker
Item Code: atwi063; Photograph: 9 September 2012
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt