Saint statues at the Church of Saint John of Nepomuk
Four statues at the front façade of the church.
at the top: Sv. Jan Nepomucký / St. John of Nepomuk, flanked by two angels, one indicating silence by a finger over the lips and the other with a shield with the text divo / s. ioanni / nepom. (Nepomuk c. 1345 - Praha 1393), confessor of the queen of Bohemia, refused to divulge the secrets of the confessional. At the behest of King Wenceslaus of Bohemia he was thrown from the Charles Bridge in Prague and drowned. John of Nepomuk is patron saint of bridges (Wikipedia)
bottom left: Sv. Josef s Ježíšem / St. Joseph with Jesus (Hebrew יוֹסֵף, "Yosef"; Greek: Ἰωσήφ), the husband of the Virgin Mary and the earthly father of Jesus Christ (in distinction to God, his "heavenly father") (Wikipedia).
bottom righ: unknown
to the right: unknown
Sv. Jan Nepomucký St. John of Nepomuk
Sv. Josef s Ježíšem St. Joseph with Jesus
The Military Church of St. John of Nepomuk was formerly part of an Ursuline Convent, and the first sacral project by Kilián Ignác Dienzenhofer. The church was finished in 1728 and, after canonization of John of Nepomuk, the Church was consecrated in 1729.