Statues - Hither & Thither

Germany
Bremerhaven
Freie Hansestadt Bremen

Theodor-Heuss-Platz
(Stadttheater)

Ludwig-Krüder-Brunnen

Ludwig Krüder Fountain

Named after Ludwig Krüder, Bremen town council, whose son founded this fountain
Gerhard Olbrich & Hermann Joachim Pagels
1914/1998

Bremerhaven /  Ludwig-Krüder-Brunnen   Bremerhaven /  Ludwig-Krüder-Brunnen

Description

Semicircular wall fountain of Franconian shell limestone, with in the center a bronze, formerly gilded boy figure on a high pedestal in a 3.20 meter high niche. The boy holds in each hand a fish from whose mouths gushing water.
The bronze boy was probably melted in 1944 and in 1952 was the complete fountain demolished. Partly with the original stones, the fountain was re-erected in 1998 with a new boy made by sculptors Gerhard Olbrich and Thomas Schmalz.

Sculptors

Sources & Information

Tags

Location N 53°32'26" E 8°34'53"

eXTReMe Tracker
Item Code: dehb021; Photograph: 16 April 2016
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt