Statues - Hither & Thither

Germany
Bad Camberg
Lkr. Limburg-Weilburg

Hessen

Frankfurter Straße 15-19
(Freiherr-von-Schütz-Schule)

Hugo von Schütz zu Holzhausen

Camberg 1780 - Wiesbaden 1847
Founder of the first deaf school in the Duchy of Nassau, today Freiherr von Schütz school in Bad Camberg.
(Wikipedia)
Arnold Künne & Kurt Passon
1903/1975

Bad Camberg /  Hugo von Schütz zu Holzhausen   Bad Camberg /  Hugo von Schütz zu Holzhausen

Description

Bronze bust on a granite plint, on which a bronze relief showing Hugo von Schütz as a teacher, with a boy and a girl. The inscription is a quote from the Proverbs of Solomon.

Bad Camberg - Hugo von Schütz zu Holzhausen

Inscription(s)

freiherr
HUGO v. SCHÜTZ z. HOLZHAUSEN
gründer der taubstummen anstalt
1780-1847


„tue deinen mund auf für
die stummenʺ spr.sal.31,8

Signature

(bust) Passon B+B (?)

Annotation

The original bust was lost during World War II and is in 1975 by a new much simpler bust made by Passon.

Sculptors

Sources & Information

Tags

Location (N 50°17'43" - E 8°16'10")

eXTReMe Tracker
Item Code: dehs243; Photograph: 2 November 2015
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt