The entrance side (Brühlsche Terrasse) has two sandstone statues in niches, showing:
left: Christian Daniel Rauch (Arolsen, Hessen, 1777-Dresden 1857), one of the most important sculptors of the German classicism
right: Peter von Cornelius (Düsseldorf 1783 - Berlin 1867), German painter, first director of the Königlichen Kunstakademie in Düsseldorf (Wikipedia).
Karl Friedrich Schinkel
and above them two medallions with relief portraits:
right: Karl Friedrich Schinkel (Neuruppin 1781-Berlin 1841), a Prussian architect, city planner, and painter (Wikipedia).
The façade facing the Georg-Treu-Platz has three statues in niches with reliefs aboven them, from left to right:
Drawing, figure with drawing book.
Faith, figure with cross.
Music, figure with lyra.
On the top of the entrance side a central sculpture group "Saxonia, die Beschützerin der Künste" and the personification of Dresden and Elbe. On the sides allegorical figures of the towns Berlin, München, Wien and Düsseldorf. The cupola has a gilded Fama by Robert Henze.