Rectangular monument of Norwegian granite with reliefs on the sides:
In front of the monument a circular sacrificial bowl has been let into the square containing a relief of a stylised bird, a crane.
- Front: a large stylised torch as symbol of human striving.
- Left: six naked men as a symbol of work.
- Right: a torchlight procession of men, women and children of all ages, representing leisure time or the joy of being together.
- Back: five young people dancing around a large tree full of fruits, a symbol of the future and of children.
af august keil
københavns kommune stauning fonden
- August Keil (København 1904 - Asserbo 1973), Danish sculptor.
Location N 55°40'41" E 12°33'46"
Item Code: dk050; Photograph: 10 July 2009
/ updated: 1 March 2011
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt