Statues - Hither & Thither

Great Britain

West Midlands

The Mount / Shelton Road

Shelton history column


Shrewsbury /  Shelton history column   Shrewsbury /  Shelton history column


Three-sided column, with on two sides tiled reliefs, with two depictions on either side.
    The Mount side:
  1. "THOMAS TELFORD / 1758 1834."
    In Shelton was a tollhouse on Telford's Holyhead road.
  2. "THE OAK", Owen Glendower's Oak, so called because that Owain Glyndŵr witnessed from its branches the battle between Henry IV and Harry Percy, in 1403
    Shelton Road side:
  3. Four persons on horses
  4. Two Roman soldiers
Click for larger photo in separate window

Thomas Telford

Click for larger photo in separate window

Owen Glendower's Oak

Click for larger photo in separate window

Four persons on horses

Click for larger photo in separate window

Two Roman soldiers


Signed on the top: e. brady
m. tomkinson
b. sharratt
jan 2001



Location (N 52°42'49" - W 2°47'20")

eXTReMe Tracker
Item Code: gbwm016; Photograph: 24 October 2009
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt