Bronze statue, sculpted in 1941 and cast in 2001
The gift of Bishop Edwin Owen
by Melanie Le Brocquy
-formerly Succentor of this Cathedral-
in gratitude for having served fifty years
in the sacred ministry of the Church.
Statues in St. Patrick's Cathedral
"More than any other building in Ireland, Dublin's St. Patrick's Cathedral embodies the history and heritage of a nation and its people, from earliest times to the present day."
There are about 200 monuments in St Patrick's Cathedral, comprising everything from the big architectural monuments through brasses, marble statues, marble on the walls, and stained glass. On this website, we include the statues, busts and relief portraits.
- Henry Richard Dawson (1792-1840), dean of St. Patrick's Cathedral.
- Gerald Fitzgibbon (1837-1909), dean of St. Patrick's Cathedral.
- The Marquess of Buckingham (1804-1876), grand master of the Knights of St. Patrick.
- James Whiteside (1804-1876), lawyer.
- John McNeill Boyd (1812-1861), sea captain.
- George Ogle (1742 - 1814), politician.
- Edward Marks (1782-1869), minor canon.
- William Lecky (1838-1903), historian.
- Erskine Childers (1905-1974), president.
- Jonathan Swift (1667-1745), satirist.
- Turlough O'Carolan (1670 - 1738), harper, composer and singer.
- Conolly Norman (1853 - 1908), physician.
- James Cooksey Culwick (1845 - 1907), musician.
- Douglas Hyde (1860 - 1949), scholar of the Irish language.
- Caesar Litton Falkiner (1863 - 1908), lawyer.
- Melanie Le Brocquy (Dublin 1919),
Location N 53°20'22" W 6°16'19"
Item Code: ie089; Photograph: 13 June 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt