The Dominican church has two statues in the front facade and a tympanum above the main door.
Above the left door: St. Dominic
(Spanish: Domingo), often called Dominic de Guzmán (1170 - 1221), founder of the Friars Preachers, popularly called the Dominicans or Order of Preachers (OP)
In the top gable: Unknown (a pope).
Tympanum of the main door: Crucifix flanked by six figures, monks and saints (incl. a pope).
The church was designed by the Gothic Revival architect George Ashlin in 1866 and consecrated in 1871.