There are four saint's statues on and near the Church of the Holy Rosary:
- (center of the main façade) St. Mary with Child, crowned and with a rosary.
- (trumeau of the main entrance) Unknown saint.
- (on a column to the left of the church) St. Patrick (Modern Irish: Pádraig) 5th-century Romano-British Christian missionary and bishop in Ireland. Known as the 'Apostle of Ireland', he is the primary patron saint of the island.
- (on a column to the right of the church) St. Peter (possibly died AD 67), apostle, featured prominently in the New Testament and the Acts of the Apostles. Patron saint of locksmiths and confessors. Usually depicted holding the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven in his hand. Peter is the first Pope
The two statues on columns were added 1911-12 and are attributed to Rudolph Maximilian Butler (1872-1943) of Dawson Street, Dublin
The church was built in 1901.
- Rudolph Maximilian Butler (Dublin 1872 - Dublin 1943),
Irish Roman Catholic ecclesiastical architectural historian, academic, journalist, and architect of Dublin
Sources & Information
Location (N 53°51'28" - W 9°18'3")
Item Code: ie310; Photograph: 21 June 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt