The façade of the 16th century church was completely reconstructed in 1776. At that time the two statues of founders of the Poor Hermits of St. Jerome, the religious order who was responsible for this church, were placed.
Blessed Pietro Gambacorta
also known as Pietro da Pisa / Peter of Pisa
(Pisa 1355 - Venezia 1435)
Italian priest and the co-founder of the Poor Hermits of St. Jerome
Beato Nicolò da Forca Palena / Blessed Nicola da Forca Palena
(Forca 1349 - Roma 1449)
Italian professed member of the Third Order of Saint Francis and the co-founder of the Poor Hermits of Saint Jerome
- Carlo Sarti (18th century),
Italian sculptor from Rimini.
Sources & Information
Locatie (N 44°5'34" - E 12°24'16")
Item Code: iter033; Photograph: 11 May 2017
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt