Statues - Hither & Thither

Poland
Gryfów Śląski
Dolnośląskie

Rynek

Fontanna Gryfów

Griffin Fountain

Arnold Künne
1908

Gryfów Śląski /  Fontanna Gryfów   Gryfów Śląski /  Fontanna Gryfów

Description

Fountain with a column on a base of three griffins - symbols of the city. At the top of the column are three shields, the first with the coats of arms of Gryfów Śląski (a knight and a griffin), the second with Neptune and third showing a Nereid (this one was not present). At the base of the column are two bronze figures of school children.

Gryfów Slaski - Fontanna Gryfów Gryfów Slaski - Fontanna Gryfów
Gryfów Slaski - Fontanna Gryfów Gryfów Slaski - Fontanna Gryfów Gryfów Slaski - Fontanna Gryfów

Inscription(s)

Signed: Entwurf und Ausführung Bildhauer Arnold Kü..ne Berlin

Annotation

The fountain was erected to commemorate the fact that the town obtained a water supply system in 1905. In the German time, the fountain was named Jubiläumsbrunnen.

Sculptor

Sources & Information

Tags

Location (N 51°1'41" - E 15°24'51")

eXTReMe Tracker
Item Code: plds002; Photograph: 3 September 2012
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt